Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 339


Happy Birthday Tyler!
It's hard to believe that my little guy is THREE! Time just keeps flying by (how often do I say that??)!
Kaitlyn wanted to help surprise him, so I let her stay up a bit late so we could blow up balloons and fill the floor of his room with them. Sweet little girl was very tired though - she fell asleep on the couch within 10 minutes, while waiting for him to fall asleep. She woke up enough to carry one balloon into his room then went straight to bed.
I don't think Tyler is quite clued into the whole birthday thing. It was Kaitlyn that insisted he open at least one present right away in the morning. Sam was down at the base, so we saved the rest for when he would be home. Then I/we spent some time decorating cupcakes for the party.
Tyler had a farm themed party with some of the neighborhood kids. And the "people party" (as Kaitlyn calls it - that means "grown-up" to all the rest of us) was after dinner - gifts, cake and ice cream! Ty seems pretty happy with his day. Happy Birthday Buddy!
*the night of the birthday didn't go so well. By the 3rd time getting up with Ty (all before midnight), he finally ended up in bed with me. I think it was due to a cold coming on because in the morning he had a stuff/runny nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment