Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 32


Our most exciting event of the day - Kaitlyn discovered that her caterpillar, Squishy, had emerged from "her" cocoon and become a "butterfly" (I'm pretty sure that ugly looking brown and tan thing is a moth of some sort, but we won't destroy the fantasy of a 5 year old). She was SO excited and came running to tell me, yelling as she went. I have to admit I didn't think that thing would ever come out. Every time we caught caterpillars as kids they always seemed to get to the cocoon stage and die in there. So I was impressed. I am, however, worried that the "butterfly" (which Katy has now renamed Squat - lol I don't know why) died sometime last night after coming out of the cocoon and finding nothing to eat because I haven't seen the thing move AT ALL. My dad thinks it fried when the jar became too hot but if that were the case, wouldn't it have fried long ago? Anyway, for today we will just let Kaitlyn enjoy the experience.

2 comments:

  1. She looks so happy. Almost like a proud mama lol Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that smile!!! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete