Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 15


One of my goals for the year is to keep the house in better shape and really start teaching the kids how to do a few chores. And today I was in Get Things Done Mode and finally made the sticker chore chart that I had been hoping will help me achieve these things. Kaitlyn loves the concept and can't wait to do everything so she can put her stickers on each space. And I love that she is so enthusiastic. I didn't even have to remind her to pick up her toys I just asked her what was on the chart for tonight. Let's just hope it still works this well when the newness wears off.
Ty has one too, but his only has 5 spaces - brushing teeth night and morning, cleaning up toys (his room and the living room), and minding mommy. Of course he doesn't grasp the concept but Kaitlyn has just as much fun helping him get his stickers in the right spots as she does filling in her own chart.

4 comments:

  1. I found two at Hobby Lobby awhile ago for a 1.50 and it's dry erase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) This is something I'm going to be starting with Landon as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she is doing great on her chart. That should make things easier with you getting her to do things now! : ) Go Katy!!

    ReplyDelete