Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 246


Homework isn't just for kids. Didja know that? I'm sure all the other parents with school age kids did, but this is something I am now learning for myself. They aren't into the full academic thing at school yet so Kaitlyn's homework is more activity related. The teacher sent home this list of things and Kaitlyn has to pick 5 each week and do them - some of which I'm not excited about because they just might require quite a bit of parental involvement. Tonight's pick was "help make dinner" and I have to say, this one I really enjoyed. Sam was working late so we decided to make spaghetti and breadsticks. Kaitlyn helped with absolutely everything she/I felt she was old enough to do. She poured the sauce into the pot. She put the breadsticks on the baking sheet. She put the spaghetti in the pan. And she set the table - completely by herself. If I were putting up 2 photos the 2nd one would be a shot of how her place settings turned out. She insisted on the white plates (usually only used by the grown ups while she and Ty get the colorful plastic ones), putting out all the utensils, napkins, and big kid glasses. And everything was artistically stacked on top of the plate at each setting. She is now in love with this task and insists that she gets to set the table every night now.

No comments:

Post a Comment