Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 151


Me and my bright ideas. Remind me not to have any more of them anytime soon because they are EXHAUSTING.
I decided it would be fun if the kids helped me plant peas this year - a fun family activity plus it gets them to eat more veggies. Great! Turns out that Ty had no interest in helping after the first 2 minutes. And Kaitlyn spent most of the time finding worms and putting them in a bucket (that now sits on our front porch. What in the world are we going to do with a bucket of worms??). So all by my lonesome I pulled the weeds, dug the holes, and cajoled Katy away from her worms long enough to plant a 3 foot section before finishing it up on my own. I still need to get Sam to help me put some stakes in and maybe clear another section of dirt for more peas because I don't think our sorry little plot will be very satisfying come harvest time. But I do have to admit that while my idea was a bust, the kids still had fun while I worked and I guess that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment