Monday, September 17, 2012

2012 Week 37

It's been a very full week, with a lot of different things going on.
Lots of crafting on my part.  A friend and I are going to participate in a craft show and I've been working on items for that, plus new items for the etsy shop.  One morning this week I even managed to get Sally and baby Isabella over here for a photo shoot/hat modeling session.  She's a very happy cutie pie :)

We found Tyler had a loose tooth, then shortly thereafter discovered that the adult tooth was already pushing through behind it.  So I rushed to find a dentist and get him in for a check up.  The check up went very well and Ty's teeth are fantastic.  And the dentist said not to worry - his 2 bottom teeth will soon be falling out on their own.
It's time for the annual round of children's consignment sales, which Audrey always gets me excited about.  So I spent some time pulling together and tagging anything the kids were no longer using then headed to Audrey's on Thursday.  She had signed us up to volunteer at her son's school so we could get in on the pre-presale :)  So we had an hour of sorting and setting up, and hour running the cash box, and another hour of fun finding great deals for the kids.  Most of the rest of the day I just tagged along with her on her errands and routines with her kids (super-busy Thursday for her), then we were able to leave the kids with her husband (and mine were home with Sam, obviously - so nice!  And you know they had fun) and hit our second pre-sale then out for a yummy dinner (shrimp and grits!  The only southern food I get excited about, and only at one of her favorite local restaurants), but skipped the opportunity to see a movie (really annoying when you get to go see one for once and nothing sounds good) and started in on party prep for Maddy's bday party the next day.  We went to bed at some point around midnight.  Friday morning we hit one more sale (at this point we both had quite a few new things - including replacement slippers for Tyler's obviously well-loved and well-used old pair in the photo), then I helped out with errands/party prep until it was time for me to head home and get ready for my own party.  We had a family over for dinner (first real dinner party this year - no idea why we don't do it more often!) and it was a lot of fun.
Saturday it was back to craft show prep with more projects and a trail run of the tent set up for the craft show (we needed a photo of the set up for annother show application).

No comments:

Post a Comment