Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 34

It was a week of ups and downs. Friday my computer screen died (and you know I'm lost without it!) and since I was already stressed to the max about Sam finding out about a new job...well it wasn't the best Friday ever. Also, no photos for this week because I haven't loaded the software onto Sam's computer. And I'm pretty sure I didn't pull the camera out much this week anyway - ugh.

We decided to have some fun on Saturday so we took the kids to the pool. Then they went to Gma and Gpa's for a sleepover and Sam and I had a date - which he planned. He packed a picnic for us and we went up to Smith and Morehouse and hiked a bit. It just so happenend to be our 12th (12!) anniversary of the day we got engaged so we spent a lot of time reminiscing.

It was Labor Day Weekend (kicking ourselves that we didn't think ahead and go camping or something) and somehow we muddled through the rest of the weekend. Tuesday morning Sam had word about the job - he got it! It's an AGR (Active Guard and Reserve) spot at Pope AFB in North Carolina, combat arms. So, huge change for us but we're very excited. And what a relief to finally have a direction for our lives. The rest of the week has been spent gearing up for the move - Sam doing paperwork and me starting the final declutter to get the house ready to sell.
*update: found a few photos from the week. Looks like Sam and Kaitlyn made pretzels too.

No comments:

Post a Comment