Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 7



Oh my goodness I'm losing track of the time. Was Valentines Day really less than a week ago?!

We had a long weekend, due to parent/teacher conferences and President's Day. I am very much still in "project mode" so I have spent a good part of my time lately gathering supplies or working on things. Mom and I went fabric shopping on Friday (new quilt for Ty in the works as well as pillows for my bed and revamping the dining table). Saturday is a total blank. I think I sewed the pillows for my bed at some point.
Sunday was Valentines Day. I whipped up some fun decorations Saturday night so the kitchen was extra-festive for the kids that morning. We made pink heart-shaped waffles with strawberry milk for breakfast. The kids enjoyed opening their gifts and trying on their new clothes. Then they insisted on going over to Grandma and Grandpa's to deliver their gifts and we ended up spending the rest of the day there. I worked on Ty's quilt for a while then Mom and I went to a movie while the kids played with Dad.
Monday I hit the President's Day sales to get Ty outfitted with a new twin size bed. He loves it. After I got it set up for him, he and Kaitlyn spent the evening watching movies on it with the portable DVD player. The rest of the week was spent doing regular things, and trying to finish up projects. I finally got all the touch ups done in the living room. Spray painted and reupholstered the dining table and chairs. Delivered the crib/toddler bed to a friend who is pregnant with her first baby. And card group last night for me - fun!
Busy busy week. No wonder I'm tired today.

No comments:

Post a Comment